- Small Business Owner
- Twenty-Five Years' Experience in Banking and Finance
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Law Enforcement Administration from Western Illinois University
- Graduate of The University of Colorado Graduate School of Banking
- Former County Commissioner, served 12 years.
- Served as Chairman of the Board of County Commissioners in 2006, 2010, 2011 and 2013.
- Served as Chairman of the Denver Regional Council of Governments in 2010
- Numerous Boards and Commissions:
- Arapahoe County Water & Wastewater Authority
- Southeast Metro Stormwater Authority
- Centennial Airport Authority
- Aurora Economic Development Council, currently an Honorary Executive Board Member
- Colorado Coroners Standards & Training Board, appointed by governors Owens, Ritter and Hickenlooper
- National Association of Counties, Chairman of Finance, Pensions and Government Affairs Steering Committee
- National Performance Management Advisory Commission, representing National Association of Counties